Say Goodbye
How do you say goodbye to someone you've never been with?
Who'd have thought that Little India could be so romantic?
We stood at the junction, listening, watching, imagining.
There were people all around us, cycling, walking by... even the strange guy with the transistor radio.
So foreign, so familiar.
I never felt so alone.
It was just a story. Some half-truths, some lies, loosely based on someone out there.
A fabrication.
Yet, it moved me.
I believed in it, even if I didn't believe it.
Two people, watching.
Two people, in love.
Two people, searching.
Two people, waiting.
Two people, longing.
Hoping.
Knowing
That they could never be.
Two people saying goodbye.
How do you say goodbye to someone you've never been with?
Who'd have thought that Little India could be so romantic?
We stood at the junction, listening, watching, imagining.
There were people all around us, cycling, walking by... even the strange guy with the transistor radio.
So foreign, so familiar.
I never felt so alone.
It was just a story. Some half-truths, some lies, loosely based on someone out there.
A fabrication.
Yet, it moved me.
I believed in it, even if I didn't believe it.
Two people, watching.
Two people, in love.
Two people, searching.
Two people, waiting.
Two people, longing.
Hoping.
Knowing
That they could never be.
Two people saying goodbye.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home