Bald People Rock. Period.
Think Moby, Sinead O'Connor, Michael Jordan, Michael Clarke Duncan (acted in The Green Mile and as Kingpin in Daredevil), Arnold Vosloo (the Mummy in The Mummy), Yul Brynner (The King and I), Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor), Zaibo (Under One Roof) and........................... wait for it!
Ghandi.
That's why I wanted to have my head shaven. It's a sign of non-conformism. It's proof that you can accept yourself as you are, with or without hair. And, it saves a hell of a lot of money on conditioners, treatment and hair-styling. Think about it. Good-bye to bad hair days FOREVER! You can finally concentrate on what's truly important instead of constantly worrying if your hair's messy. ("Wo de tou fa you mei you luan?"--Jack Neo, Moses Lim, Mark Lee and company.)
But today, when Marcel asked me to shave my head, start my life anew...... I chickened out.
I don't know if it was the prospect of never being able to walk down orchard road without getting stared at by ah-bengs, or how totally SHITTY my head would look when hair starts growing out again.
Besides, I figured that since I'm balding now anyway, I might as well wait till I bald naturally. It's only a matter of time.
Think Moby, Sinead O'Connor, Michael Jordan, Michael Clarke Duncan (acted in The Green Mile and as Kingpin in Daredevil), Arnold Vosloo (the Mummy in The Mummy), Yul Brynner (The King and I), Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor), Zaibo (Under One Roof) and........................... wait for it!
Ghandi.
That's why I wanted to have my head shaven. It's a sign of non-conformism. It's proof that you can accept yourself as you are, with or without hair. And, it saves a hell of a lot of money on conditioners, treatment and hair-styling. Think about it. Good-bye to bad hair days FOREVER! You can finally concentrate on what's truly important instead of constantly worrying if your hair's messy. ("Wo de tou fa you mei you luan?"--Jack Neo, Moses Lim, Mark Lee and company.)
But today, when Marcel asked me to shave my head, start my life anew...... I chickened out.
I don't know if it was the prospect of never being able to walk down orchard road without getting stared at by ah-bengs, or how totally SHITTY my head would look when hair starts growing out again.
Besides, I figured that since I'm balding now anyway, I might as well wait till I bald naturally. It's only a matter of time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home