I think I can safely say that Amanda is the friend I've known for the longest time.
We go way back. (I feel like some war veteran)
The strangest thing is that, we've never managed to be in the same school, try as we might.
So, the last time I was able to sit next to her in a classroom and talk rubbish about teachers looking like roly-poly teddy bears was in OLGC.
We both wanted to go to RGS. I missed it by 3 points. hahhaa.... so, she went to RGS, while I went to NY.
In JC, I stupidly clicked the wrong option. HC(science) instead of HC(arts). Ended up in my second choice, RJ(arts), while she went to HC(science).
Now, she wants to go to NUS(Law). I want to go to NTU(comm studies).
Strangely, though our paths keep diverging, we've managed to stay friends. We may not be the closest of friends, but everytime we meet, I can feel that old warmth again. You know, that warm fuzzy kind of feeling when two friends are in perfect understanding? When we come together to talk about "old times". (Now I feel like I'm in an old folks' home)
Somehow, I think it all worked out for the best.
Although we didn't really want to admit it, there was a sort of unspoken rivalry between the two of us. It was not much of a competition, I must admit. She was so much better than me at lotsa things. Its kinda like me and Xueni.
I think that used to sour our friendship. It was my problem, of course. I was very jealous of her. She was prettier, slimmer, smarter and infinitely more popular than I could ever hope to be.
hahaha.. Do you sometimes get the feeling that you've never really grown up even after all these years? I do. I feel that I've never really changed since primary school. Still as childish, immature, and inconsiderate of others' feelings.
So, I thank You, God, for doing what You think is best for me even though I might have wanted otherwise.
Thank You for bringing Amanda and all my other friends into my life.
But most of all, I thank You that Amanda and Xueni don't know my blog address. I don't think they ever knew how I felt sometimes. And I don't think they ever will.
After all, some things should be better left unsaid.
We go way back. (I feel like some war veteran)
The strangest thing is that, we've never managed to be in the same school, try as we might.
So, the last time I was able to sit next to her in a classroom and talk rubbish about teachers looking like roly-poly teddy bears was in OLGC.
We both wanted to go to RGS. I missed it by 3 points. hahhaa.... so, she went to RGS, while I went to NY.
In JC, I stupidly clicked the wrong option. HC(science) instead of HC(arts). Ended up in my second choice, RJ(arts), while she went to HC(science).
Now, she wants to go to NUS(Law). I want to go to NTU(comm studies).
Strangely, though our paths keep diverging, we've managed to stay friends. We may not be the closest of friends, but everytime we meet, I can feel that old warmth again. You know, that warm fuzzy kind of feeling when two friends are in perfect understanding? When we come together to talk about "old times". (Now I feel like I'm in an old folks' home)
Somehow, I think it all worked out for the best.
Although we didn't really want to admit it, there was a sort of unspoken rivalry between the two of us. It was not much of a competition, I must admit. She was so much better than me at lotsa things. Its kinda like me and Xueni.
I think that used to sour our friendship. It was my problem, of course. I was very jealous of her. She was prettier, slimmer, smarter and infinitely more popular than I could ever hope to be.
hahaha.. Do you sometimes get the feeling that you've never really grown up even after all these years? I do. I feel that I've never really changed since primary school. Still as childish, immature, and inconsiderate of others' feelings.
So, I thank You, God, for doing what You think is best for me even though I might have wanted otherwise.
Thank You for bringing Amanda and all my other friends into my life.
But most of all, I thank You that Amanda and Xueni don't know my blog address. I don't think they ever knew how I felt sometimes. And I don't think they ever will.
After all, some things should be better left unsaid.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home