Saturday, May 10, 2003

Mothers' day is coming.

But I have nothing lined up. HOW SCREWED UP IS THAT?

Have no idea what to do. Brother's out (as usual). Its ok. lets brainstorm. like NOW

1) Bring her to that night safari place (too expensive, too far)
2) Pretend mothers' day is next week (option's only viable if I'm prepared to cook, wash, clean up the house for the entire week next week)
3) Commit suicide (NAH!)
4) Burn her a cd (too cheapskate. would work if I had another more solid idea.)
OK I'VE GOT TO TURN OFF THE TV. THEY JUST SCREENED SOME STUPID MOTHERS' DAY THING AT TTSH. WHAT THE HECK????????????? AS IF I WASN'T STRESSED OUT ENOUGH ABOUT THIS. AND WHY ON EARTH DON'T THEY HAVE DAUGHTERS' AND SISTERS' DAYS. ITS NOT LIKE WE DON'T MATTER.
5) Treat her to some spa thing. (good idea, huh. took some time to come up with this one.)
6) Cook for her (That's sooooo not going to happen. Do you want the kitchen to go up in flames?)
Sigh. Don't understand why we have to have special days like these.

Maybe coz people like me don't know how to show appreciation.

I'm such a fat grouch. Don't know how she puts up with me. She takes the most shit from me. She cleans up for me. She drives me around. She listens to what I have to say (sometimes).

She's so goondoo. Uses paper to press lift buttons, but doesn't change her clothes everyday.

Sometimes, she really exasperates me. But there are times I wouldn't know what I'd do without her.

Problem is: I feel so much that I don't know if there's ever enough that I can do to convey what I feel.

I've taken so much from her. Her time, her attention, her love, her care...... I've made her worry, made her cry, laugh, cry some more, made her angry....................

Worst thing is, I've made her give so much, but I've never really given back.

Sometimes, I compare her with my dad, and somehow, she never seems to measure up. How can one ever measure up to someone immortalized in our memories as almost perfect?

Yet, I selfishly demand that she does more, takes on more, works more.

Strange, isn't it? One's always reaching for the stars, for the sky, for higher ground....... not realising the flowers that are waiting to be appreciated...... those that are right under one's feet.

Happy Mothers' Day, mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home