Mustard Seed Faith

He said to them, "Because of your unbelief. For most certainly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain,'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (WEB)
I believe that in my heart lies a small, small, small grain of faith. Perhaps the size of a mustard seed. Maybe even smaller. The faith that God is real. That He can hear me talking to Him. And that He can and will answer prayers.
To be honest, I used to think that prayer was "self-psychosis" (bluffing yourself). The phenomenon of the self-fulfilling prophecy... or just plain coincidence.
But one day, I decided that my problem was too big for me to handle. My cell group is multiplying, and I have to take the group with the secondary school kids. You know what secondary school kids are like-they skip church to go out with their friends, then tell me lies about it afterwards (it's usually along the lines of: "My parents don't allow me to come", or "I had a school project"). And they don't even do their quiet time. (I know, I was their age once too.)
By this time, I figure that I'm SCREWED. I have NO idea what to do. And if God doesn't help me, this cell group can forget about adding a SINGLE person to its' members. (There are 7 of us, in case you were wondering. That includes me and my two assistant cell leaders.)
So, I decided that I might as well pray.
Then...
I hear a small sound. The clattering of a stone on rocky surface.
Two girls-one in secondary two next year, the other in secondary one- and their family members: a dad, mom, younger sis and younger brother, just walk into our church. They weren't even looking for a church. They were just hanging out at Orchid Country Club when they saw our signboard.
Member count: 7 + 2 (potentials) = 9 (potentially)
The small clattering stops. But there's a soft rumbling now. The ground starts to shake.
L, my "slackanaden" disciple starts sending smses quoting the Psalms, and encouraging us all to be "prayer warriors". If you know L, this is jaw-dropping. Jaw-dropping.
Member count: 6 + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials) = 9 (potentially on fire)
Rocks start falling from the sky. And I mean HUUUGE ones. They smash into the ground, narrowly missing me.
1. M tells me she wants a deeper quiet time
2. A wants to be used by God, and starts bringing friends
3. Ll opens up
Member count: 3 + 1 (deeper r/s w God) + 1 (woke up somehow) + 1 (opened up) + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials)= 9 (potential to wake up, get a deeper relationship with God, develop a more open relationship with the rest, get on fire for God)
Just now, I prayed with S about a clinic slot which she was trying to get a patient for. She tried calling EVERYONE. But her only hope was some guy who was on holiday.
We pray, hang up the phone. Half an hour later, she calls me again. He called home, his daughter passed him the message, he can go down for the clinic that day.
Look out, guys. A mountain is on the move.
But you know what the coolest thing is?
The thing about seeds is... they grow. My faith is now probably the size of... a green bean.
And if mustard seeds can move mountains... don't you want to see what a green bean faith can do?
Member count: 2 + 1 (green bean) + 1 (deeper r/s w God) + 1 (woke up somehow) + 1 (opened up) + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials)= 9 (green beans who have the potential to wake up, get a deeper relationship with God, develop a more open relationship with the rest, get on fire for God)
:)
Just try it.

He said to them, "Because of your unbelief. For most certainly I tell you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will tell this mountain,'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. (WEB)
I believe that in my heart lies a small, small, small grain of faith. Perhaps the size of a mustard seed. Maybe even smaller. The faith that God is real. That He can hear me talking to Him. And that He can and will answer prayers.
To be honest, I used to think that prayer was "self-psychosis" (bluffing yourself). The phenomenon of the self-fulfilling prophecy... or just plain coincidence.
But one day, I decided that my problem was too big for me to handle. My cell group is multiplying, and I have to take the group with the secondary school kids. You know what secondary school kids are like-they skip church to go out with their friends, then tell me lies about it afterwards (it's usually along the lines of: "My parents don't allow me to come", or "I had a school project"). And they don't even do their quiet time. (I know, I was their age once too.)
By this time, I figure that I'm SCREWED. I have NO idea what to do. And if God doesn't help me, this cell group can forget about adding a SINGLE person to its' members. (There are 7 of us, in case you were wondering. That includes me and my two assistant cell leaders.)
So, I decided that I might as well pray.
Then...
I hear a small sound. The clattering of a stone on rocky surface.
Two girls-one in secondary two next year, the other in secondary one- and their family members: a dad, mom, younger sis and younger brother, just walk into our church. They weren't even looking for a church. They were just hanging out at Orchid Country Club when they saw our signboard.
Member count: 7 + 2 (potentials) = 9 (potentially)
The small clattering stops. But there's a soft rumbling now. The ground starts to shake.
L, my "slackanaden" disciple starts sending smses quoting the Psalms, and encouraging us all to be "prayer warriors". If you know L, this is jaw-dropping. Jaw-dropping.
Member count: 6 + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials) = 9 (potentially on fire)
Rocks start falling from the sky. And I mean HUUUGE ones. They smash into the ground, narrowly missing me.
1. M tells me she wants a deeper quiet time
2. A wants to be used by God, and starts bringing friends
3. Ll opens up
Member count: 3 + 1 (deeper r/s w God) + 1 (woke up somehow) + 1 (opened up) + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials)= 9 (potential to wake up, get a deeper relationship with God, develop a more open relationship with the rest, get on fire for God)
Just now, I prayed with S about a clinic slot which she was trying to get a patient for. She tried calling EVERYONE. But her only hope was some guy who was on holiday.
We pray, hang up the phone. Half an hour later, she calls me again. He called home, his daughter passed him the message, he can go down for the clinic that day.
Look out, guys. A mountain is on the move.
But you know what the coolest thing is?
The thing about seeds is... they grow. My faith is now probably the size of... a green bean.
And if mustard seeds can move mountains... don't you want to see what a green bean faith can do?
Member count: 2 + 1 (green bean) + 1 (deeper r/s w God) + 1 (woke up somehow) + 1 (opened up) + 1 (on fire) + 2 (potentials)= 9 (green beans who have the potential to wake up, get a deeper relationship with God, develop a more open relationship with the rest, get on fire for God)
:)
Just try it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home