Thursday, June 09, 2005

Goondoosamy

This is a word that Amanda and I invented.

It means "silly", "blur".... goondoo la.

Today was one of the "goondooest" days of my life.

Right after I told Clement that the editors are nice, and that they would teach us as best as they can since it's our internship, Cheng Khoon called me to his desk.

CK (looking at the story I filed): Is there such a thing as completing a computer game?
Me: Ya, but to make sure, I'll call some of my friends who also play to make sure.
CK (looks back at the screen and reads the whole story. Then he sends the following message to the sports supervisors.

CK: "I know where there's space for the golf story (my story)- in the spike (that's the trash bin). I don't think it's salvagable. But if any one of you want to try, go ahead."

He gets this message:
"We could use it as a profile for this week's school story. YS is very busy tomorrow, so I don't think he can come up with anything good."

CK: "Go ahead. Good luck."

He gets this:
"We could let PS work on it."

CK: "I think he has better things to do with his time. haha."

wonderful.

I got pissed off la. But talked nicely till I got out of the office.

Then, I called Amanda and cried my eyes out. ahahahaha..

After the call, she sent me an sms: "Hey girl. Don't be upset or discouraged by that goondoosamy bugger okie? If he had to be such a bastard then he's just being an ass it's not cos of you ya? smile! :)"

I realised, after reading the sms, that I was the big goondoosamy for getting upset over something stupid like that. I felt like one of those American Idol rejects who got insulted by Simon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't care la. :) no matter how high these guys climb. as long as you live your life the happy way you should.

*thumbs up and pokes e in the nose*

hurhur.

-meddersssss@tee nee pee-

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't care la. :) no matter how high these guys climb. as long as you live your life the happy way you should.

*thumbs up and pokes e in the nose*

hurhur.

-meddersssss@tee nee pee-

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home