Monday, May 30, 2005

When Bad Things Happen to Good People

Last week, someone asked me how I could be so sure there is a God when He allows bad things to happen to good people.

I couldn't answer.

She was asking about Wei Kong, an ACJC student who was hit by a car on his way to chuch. According to sources in the school, he was the rugby captain. Star athlete. The works.

Hit on his way to, of all places, church.

Yup. I couldn't answer.

None of the books, the "model" answers I knew of.. none of them could provide an explanation to the anguish in her eyes.

So, I could only lamely say, "God has a purpose for all of us. Maybe it was so he can testify. I don't know."

I don't know.

Didn't know then, still don't know now.

But one thing I do know, He loves me enough to die for me.

He loves me enough to still let me have a mother and a brother.

He loves me so much, He gave me wonderful friends who helped me register for subjects. I love you guys!!!

He loves me to the point of returning my Baby to me.

God, please let Wei Kong recover soon. I will continue to put my faith in You. Even though I can't understand why I'm so lucky, so loved... and others are born in poverty, they have broken families, they get knocked down by cars...

God, help me trust You, help me continue to believe that You are an impartial, loving God who has our best interests at heart.

Help me strengthen my relationship with You so that no matter what threatens to shake my faith, I can still explain what a wonderful God You are.

I can't wait for that day to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home