My Very Best Wishes
Hey, my friend.
You were absolutely great that night. But I think I alreaedy told you. Well, never hurts to tell you again, does it?
It was really great.
Because I heard your voice for the first time that night.
Your singing voice is great. But that's not what I was talking about. What was even more beautiful was the voice that had been shut up for so long. Your voice. The voice that I've always wanted to hear. The words that you must have been bursting to say, but never had the voice to... till that night.
I never knew that what I did hurt you so much.
I know that it's impossible to undo the hurt. To reverse the actions.
In those five minutes, I relived everything that happened in Thailand. And I almost wished that I could have turned back time, so that I could have ignored everything, taken a different course.
Almost.
Lately, I've been plagued with the question of whether I should have sat back and done nothing and not hurt you.
But I realised that it is better for me to hurt you than for him to.
So, for all it's worth, I'm sorry for tearing to shreds whatever hopes you had. But I've never regretted it.
Because you're my friend.
It has been difficult understanding you, and I guess it will continue to be a challenge for me. After all, we speak two different languages-yours is music, mine is writing.
But whatever it is, we're friends.
So, sing for me once in a while, won't you?
I really do love your voice.
Hey, my friend.
You were absolutely great that night. But I think I alreaedy told you. Well, never hurts to tell you again, does it?
It was really great.
Because I heard your voice for the first time that night.
Your singing voice is great. But that's not what I was talking about. What was even more beautiful was the voice that had been shut up for so long. Your voice. The voice that I've always wanted to hear. The words that you must have been bursting to say, but never had the voice to... till that night.
I never knew that what I did hurt you so much.
I know that it's impossible to undo the hurt. To reverse the actions.
In those five minutes, I relived everything that happened in Thailand. And I almost wished that I could have turned back time, so that I could have ignored everything, taken a different course.
Almost.
Lately, I've been plagued with the question of whether I should have sat back and done nothing and not hurt you.
But I realised that it is better for me to hurt you than for him to.
So, for all it's worth, I'm sorry for tearing to shreds whatever hopes you had. But I've never regretted it.
Because you're my friend.
It has been difficult understanding you, and I guess it will continue to be a challenge for me. After all, we speak two different languages-yours is music, mine is writing.
But whatever it is, we're friends.
So, sing for me once in a while, won't you?
I really do love your voice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home