Living on the Edge
You'd think that our MRT trains are safe. Especially now that there's an ongoing campaign against terrorism, specifically, against anything that looks "suspicious". The poster shows a harmless yellow coloured backpack.
They might as well add a NO SUSPICIOUS OBJECTS sign right next to the NO SMOKING and NO EATING signs.
I mean, if trains are safe from even harmless looking backpacks, then you'd expect them to be safe from all sorts of other menaces, right?
Wrong.
And I found out for myself today.
Apparently, crazy women are allowed onto trains too. Yup, discriminate against yellow backpacks, but not against crazy minahs with heavily tattooed boyfriends.
Maybe it was our fault. Mer used to say that I'd get both of us into trouble if I kept behaving the way I did on the trains.. you know, doing seal impressions and making fun of the people sitting opposite us...
Maybe we shouldn't have said that there was a guy with a lot of tattooes sitting behind us.
And maybe we shouldn't have been so loud.
But she suddenly started yelling at us. (I couldn't make out what she was saying at first. I think it was something like what are you talking about or who are you talking about or something. ) We were shocked, to say the least. I mean, how are you supposed to react when this fat girlfriend starts yelling at you in the train? I think she was kinda egged on by the baffled looks on our faces, and she almost wanted to get up.
I seriously can't remember, I was in shock.
Anyway, my friends ended up apologizing for saying "nothing". I was still too much in shock to react. Before we knew it, they were dashing outta the carriage.
Hey man, if you think i'm going to wait for 5 minutes for the next train just because some crazy woman kicked one of us "in the shin" and starts yelling incoherent stuff in the misconception that she's "standing up for her man", think again.
So we ran back into the carriage in front.
I've come of age! My first almost-fight!
I'm totally living on the edge.
Now that I think of it, I kinda wish I had gone crazy too. Started yelling and exchanging blows with that drunken b*tch.
Nah.
I'm a law-abiding Singapore citizen even though I could have fought in a public place. (If I hadn't been so shocked.)
But, maybe next time, they could add NO CRAZY GIRLFRIENDS and maybe NO GOSSIPING KAYPOH KIDS to the other signs on the train...
Maybe. But I'd really miss being spastic on the train.
You'd think that our MRT trains are safe. Especially now that there's an ongoing campaign against terrorism, specifically, against anything that looks "suspicious". The poster shows a harmless yellow coloured backpack.
They might as well add a NO SUSPICIOUS OBJECTS sign right next to the NO SMOKING and NO EATING signs.
I mean, if trains are safe from even harmless looking backpacks, then you'd expect them to be safe from all sorts of other menaces, right?
Wrong.
And I found out for myself today.
Apparently, crazy women are allowed onto trains too. Yup, discriminate against yellow backpacks, but not against crazy minahs with heavily tattooed boyfriends.
Maybe it was our fault. Mer used to say that I'd get both of us into trouble if I kept behaving the way I did on the trains.. you know, doing seal impressions and making fun of the people sitting opposite us...
Maybe we shouldn't have said that there was a guy with a lot of tattooes sitting behind us.
And maybe we shouldn't have been so loud.
But she suddenly started yelling at us. (I couldn't make out what she was saying at first. I think it was something like what are you talking about or who are you talking about or something. ) We were shocked, to say the least. I mean, how are you supposed to react when this fat girlfriend starts yelling at you in the train? I think she was kinda egged on by the baffled looks on our faces, and she almost wanted to get up.
I seriously can't remember, I was in shock.
Anyway, my friends ended up apologizing for saying "nothing". I was still too much in shock to react. Before we knew it, they were dashing outta the carriage.
Hey man, if you think i'm going to wait for 5 minutes for the next train just because some crazy woman kicked one of us "in the shin" and starts yelling incoherent stuff in the misconception that she's "standing up for her man", think again.
So we ran back into the carriage in front.
I've come of age! My first almost-fight!
I'm totally living on the edge.
Now that I think of it, I kinda wish I had gone crazy too. Started yelling and exchanging blows with that drunken b*tch.
Nah.
I'm a law-abiding Singapore citizen even though I could have fought in a public place. (If I hadn't been so shocked.)
But, maybe next time, they could add NO CRAZY GIRLFRIENDS and maybe NO GOSSIPING KAYPOH KIDS to the other signs on the train...
Maybe. But I'd really miss being spastic on the train.

6 Comments:
Rach--Yeeps...she did more than just shout at us! She kicked my shin and wanted to whack me for saying that her boyfriend was covered with tattoos :S
Rach-- Lol crazy minah!!! U rock girl...kinda proud that I almost got hatamed by her...quite a quick transformation from an aloof loner to a gal with a neck for getting into fights with quarrelsome ol fat minahs with thick eyeshadow :P
God Rachel, you sound like a drunkard wreaking havoc on the train.. are you sure you don't want to go boozing in Bali with me n Ek? =p
Hahaha.. what a crazy day today ya? Nearly got beaten up by a minah.. gosh.. when I got home I was envisaging a fight scene on the train ala Matrix style. Than the four of us suddenly morph into ninjas ala Naruto and we beat the crap out of them with our jutsus! Ah.. I am getting funny ideas in my head again. Great entry by the way. Summed up all our thoughts :)
oh god, i can't get over the whole incident! but now i can't stop laughing abt it (esp. after i read ures and nor's posts!) hahahaaaa.. i guess i got over it faster than i thought! (btw this is ek)
aahhh! i just realized wat i said made absolutely NO sense! let me explain, i got over it in the sense that i'm not freaked out abt it anymore, but i didn't get over it coz now i can't stop laughing abt it.. (this is ek again!)
heyy!!enjoyed going out with you today!!haha takecare dear.
Post a Comment
<< Home