The last three months of the world as I know it
When did the end begin?
In the tears and the stretches of silences in the car, the nights I hung up with you, ignorant of the growing winter in your heart or when we clung desperately to each other for the last time, not wanting to let go but seeing that it was inevitable?
I still miss you. Terribly.
But the door has closed, and the feelings have to be shoved into this grave that I have reluctantly dug over the last three months.
It has comforted me that you're hurting too. Well, only a little.
As I stand at the cusp of a new beginning, a small shiver goes down my spine.
The world we left behind starts to fragment. Collapse on itself. Glass shards of memories - meals together, tentative kisses, caresses - are but shattered pieces of that life I once knew. I know, if given time enough, they start dust-decomposing.
Perhaps one day, when the heart is ready, the ghost of this life may resurrect.
The violent spectre that cuts and hurts now... gone. And in its' place, an old friend that has become an acquaintance.
And I can look back and smile.
When did the end begin?
In the tears and the stretches of silences in the car, the nights I hung up with you, ignorant of the growing winter in your heart or when we clung desperately to each other for the last time, not wanting to let go but seeing that it was inevitable?
I still miss you. Terribly.
But the door has closed, and the feelings have to be shoved into this grave that I have reluctantly dug over the last three months.
It has comforted me that you're hurting too. Well, only a little.
As I stand at the cusp of a new beginning, a small shiver goes down my spine.
The world we left behind starts to fragment. Collapse on itself. Glass shards of memories - meals together, tentative kisses, caresses - are but shattered pieces of that life I once knew. I know, if given time enough, they start dust-decomposing.
Perhaps one day, when the heart is ready, the ghost of this life may resurrect.
The violent spectre that cuts and hurts now... gone. And in its' place, an old friend that has become an acquaintance.
And I can look back and smile.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home