Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: [pauses] Okay.
I kept hoping for you to choose me, not realising that I should have asked you to choose God.
I'm so so so sorry for ever thinking you were mine to possess, mine to have.
In the end, all I have are the memories.
And even then, I've already forgotten how you smell.
I try to remember, but it's gone.
The shadows and ghosts, though, are still there.
At the spot where we shared our first kiss;
Where we walked to the gym;
Where our hands brushed against each other's.
The lingering hugs at my gate;
Your wave as you walk to the station;
Silences in the car;
Your helplessness.
Until now, do I find out how long you had been fighting to love.
How you had been evaluating love.
It was real to me.
Now, I find out, it was just a dream to you.
I know I must let you go. And I will. I have.
But when I let you go, do I let the memories go too?
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, my love.
Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: [pauses] Okay.
I kept hoping for you to choose me, not realising that I should have asked you to choose God.
I'm so so so sorry for ever thinking you were mine to possess, mine to have.
In the end, all I have are the memories.
And even then, I've already forgotten how you smell.
I try to remember, but it's gone.
The shadows and ghosts, though, are still there.
At the spot where we shared our first kiss;
Where we walked to the gym;
Where our hands brushed against each other's.
The lingering hugs at my gate;
Your wave as you walk to the station;
Silences in the car;
Your helplessness.
Until now, do I find out how long you had been fighting to love.
How you had been evaluating love.
It was real to me.
Now, I find out, it was just a dream to you.
I know I must let you go. And I will. I have.
But when I let you go, do I let the memories go too?
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, my love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home