The attempt to exorcise the ghosts of torn-up feelings and broken dreams
Today, we walked.
It felt so good to be your friend again.
It felt so good to have the breeze caress our faces.
I had hoped for more.
I had hoped that you'd pull through.
I had allowed myself to hope, when I saw that smile on your face.
For the time it took to travel from Yishun to City Hall, I hoped.
That, by force of will, I could make you love again.
That you'd find some strength from somewhere.
Some love from deep down... to choose me once again.
To choose me every day.
Not just for four years, but for the rest of our lives.
I thought that I could fix us.
I thought that the electricity we felt could have sparked something - brought your heart back to life.
That's why, in that almost-whisper, I popped the choked out question: "If you still love me, will you fight for me?"
Your answer - some 7 hours later - was "no".
So, I shall be content with God's pursuit of me.
He chose me then, and He chooses to love me every day.
Today, we walked.
It felt so good to be your friend again.
It felt so good to have the breeze caress our faces.
I had hoped for more.
I had hoped that you'd pull through.
I had allowed myself to hope, when I saw that smile on your face.
For the time it took to travel from Yishun to City Hall, I hoped.
That, by force of will, I could make you love again.
That you'd find some strength from somewhere.
Some love from deep down... to choose me once again.
To choose me every day.
Not just for four years, but for the rest of our lives.
I thought that I could fix us.
I thought that the electricity we felt could have sparked something - brought your heart back to life.
That's why, in that almost-whisper, I popped the choked out question: "If you still love me, will you fight for me?"
Your answer - some 7 hours later - was "no".
So, I shall be content with God's pursuit of me.
He chose me then, and He chooses to love me every day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home