Communication Skills of Leaders
I hate giving speeches.
The palpitating heart, the sweaty palms, that nasty feeling that you're going to barf all over the audience... How the words on the piece of paper just don't seem to register.
Yup, I hate giving speeches.
I had to give a presentation today. For what is probably one of the worst things that could ever happen to any student-CS 223.
For what seemed like the worst 10 minutes in my life, I was standing to one side, desperately trying to take deeper breaths.
Then... I decided.
"Heck it all." Amd while Derek was talking about "legitimate power" of leaders... I shut up and prayed. It was short. Kinda like the "Help me!" type of prayers.
I still felt nervous after that, but... This strange thing happened the moment I stepped up.
I smiled.
After that, I'm not sure what happened. I was bringing in all these examples I didn't even plan on talking about, I was enthusiastic, i established eye contact... the works. I felt like PM Lee or something.
Call it weird religious mumbo jumbo, but God DID help me back there.
I survived!
Why didn't I leave it in His hands earlier?
But... I still hate giving speeches.
I hate giving speeches.
The palpitating heart, the sweaty palms, that nasty feeling that you're going to barf all over the audience... How the words on the piece of paper just don't seem to register.
Yup, I hate giving speeches.
I had to give a presentation today. For what is probably one of the worst things that could ever happen to any student-CS 223.
For what seemed like the worst 10 minutes in my life, I was standing to one side, desperately trying to take deeper breaths.
Then... I decided.
"Heck it all." Amd while Derek was talking about "legitimate power" of leaders... I shut up and prayed. It was short. Kinda like the "Help me!" type of prayers.
I still felt nervous after that, but... This strange thing happened the moment I stepped up.
I smiled.
After that, I'm not sure what happened. I was bringing in all these examples I didn't even plan on talking about, I was enthusiastic, i established eye contact... the works. I felt like PM Lee or something.
Call it weird religious mumbo jumbo, but God DID help me back there.
I survived!
Why didn't I leave it in His hands earlier?
But... I still hate giving speeches.

3 Comments:
eh!!bryan!im missing you!!! call me when you can okayy?!haha..erm..which day of the week are you free..come rach's hse and play bball kae??wahahaha..it's been only a week that i have not been seeing you!!but still hope to see you soon kae.hMm..ARGH!! im really missing you..oh my..never even talk to you lah!!sighx..sadness.
EHH!!! bryan are you that busy??did you like even see my comment??wahahaha..nvm lah..anyway i just dropped by to tell you that i really really really am missing you loads((:
sorry ah. i don't really go online and read my own blog these days. paiseh.
relax la. you don't even talk like that to me normally.. and it's only been like.. what.. 3 weeks. siao.
Post a Comment
<< Home